Friday, December 12, 2008

It's been a long time

It's been a long time since I did not write .... nothing happened to write about, then a lot of things happened.

Most things are sorted now. I needed money...I got finally. I needed stability - better now than not knowing what the next week is going to bring - at least our bank account is open. I needed rest - I had and finally not just sleeping, but going around the country, so finally I can say I have seen a bit from Jordan.

It's been a long time....what I have spent in Jordan. On the 1st of December it has been half a year I am in the country, since I am living here. Also the 15th of December will mark the middle of my AIESEC work here (though not the middle of my official term, but I am here for AIESEC from the beginning). Eid, Christmas and winter makes Jordan feel different, different than what I have first seen.

Also there have been some cultural aspects which turned out to be hard to handle, at least for me. There were periods, when I have been just angry, feeling useless and being angry at people, but not really knowing how to handle it.....maybe the problem was that I did not want to handle it, I was just tired of handling things and was stuck with the most critical points to deal with at the moment and had no desire of thinking about anything else. But this is also gone.

A bit of adventure, making you get out from a routine which have drained you, helps not just to relax, but to change perspective on a lot of things. It is not just about what exactly is happening, but also about how 'problems' are approached.

This whole few lines might sound misty and probably raises a lot of questions, like "What the heck you mean?"....will all turn out soon, this is an opening post, there are more to come! The first one about the cultural story, and other(s) about travels I had (finally, yupeeeeee :P) So wait for more, I'm in the process of writing all of them, should all be coming soon (haha, sounds like the new holywood movie :P )

By the way pictures are uploaded (80%) to Picasa, you can check them out (for people not checking the sidebar of my blog, the link is the following: www.google.picasaweb.com/akos.szakaly

No comments: