Sunday, August 17, 2008

Nothing extraordinary...and that is extraordinary

Originally created on the 15th of August

So the thing is I consider my last week as nothing extraordinary would be happening...and probably that is the extraordinary part, as many things did happen throughout this week, but it did not seem so much new (ok, there were stuff still new, but not the full impression of I have no clue about anything :P ).



What am I talking about...during this week I have been downtown buying shoes and presents, been on a dinner invitation, my MCP flew away for International Congress in Brazil, went to cinema just accidentaly and ended up having Shawrma with friends in Abdoun, got my blood test for residency done...and naturally all the work where I finally feel that I'm back to my usual efficiency.
So as you see it was again a week full with things, but it is not anymore about everything new, it's about 'usual' life in a country where I really start to feel like being home.

It was a tough month though, I was not expecting the schock to come this early, but I was prepared. And I don't know if I'm over it...throughout the year it will for sure come back, I'm just not sure wether I'm done with it for a while or this current state is just a minute above the surface to breath, and then dive back again. Although I managed to maintain a good mood (not talking about being sad if there is a problem, but not feeling continuous frustration and tension). It does take attention to maintain it, and probably this is the year which really makes me understand the real importance of work-life balance. Without a life I would just die. Life is not all about hang outs, it's also to have 2 times one hour to cook, 1 hour to clean up around...and naturally fun, for sure...but all the aspects of living, besides doing my job.

So, yeah, in general I'm in my usual three month end reflection mood...output is not yet ready :P Maybe the next blogpost, I can never know. But as a summary I'm doing great...and I honestly feel great, calm and generally normal (which is a different normal than 3 months ago :P )

And anyone coming to Jordan let me know;)

No comments: