Friday, August 1, 2008

Two months notice

I just recognized today that it is actually again a turn of month about my arrival (yeah, it is not that hard as I arrived on the 1st of June, so each new month is a new month for me too :P). But still it is rather an accidental discovery, not to let this day slip by without any notice.

Time is passing by pretty fast, sometimes I wish to slow it down, sometimes to speed it up :P And actually this kind of controversial speaking pretty much describes my last two weeks...it's been a roller-coaster, especially emotionally. I don't really know most of the time what freaks me out, but I think the right answer is I don't know. I really don't know how to react, how to decide in quickly arising situations. What was natural in Hungary is not the same here and it is still a learning process, getting better day-by-day, but sometimes it is just fast, you don't have time to think and act as you learnt. I'm kind of letting my instincts lead me, let myself rahter feel than understand (consciously) why people behave how they do...and just let myself do what I feel right. This method seems to help, seems to speed up integration, seems to help me really listen (not just with my ears, but with all my senses). Probably this is another learning anyone can get from living abroad...to notice that there is much more going on around us then we actually realize, because we are in reality not open to absorb all of the information what is right at the corner....although it might give answer to many questions....right now it does. I don't understand how, but it does make things easier and I rather feel than know my why, but let's see where it really leads.

Probably this post became fairly philosophical, meaning that half of you who arrived to read this line is already bored as it is not full with events and such....but I think this is the rather deep part of my little stay over here and probably will be more determining to my future than the trips to Dead Sea or such. At least I have left this remark....left my current mood here :P

2 comments:

Maryann said...

Why would a post full of emotions and philosphy 'more boring' than a post full of happenings? Or are the things going on in you not considered as "happenings"?

Anyway, happy birthday dear:)
Maryann

Anonymous said...

Hey Mate,

Hope you had a great birthday party around!!!
By the way, have you read The Alchimist, yet?
Maso is gonna wait for it in Sydney :) I like that we have created a travelling book :) and I can't wait to get it next time at a different part of the world ;D

Have a nice day!