Sunday, November 2, 2008

Weather report

So there is there are a lot of proverbs around what is impossible, what is not. The next proof for me about the point that impossible is only a barrier of mindset came the end of last week.

I still remember the summer in Jordan...35-40 degrees in Celsius, and everyone becoming pretty enthusiastic when we had a single cloud (this white nothing type of cloud) on the sky.
Based on this I was not surprised that people were super happy about seeing rain. Rain what I barely noticed or recognized as rain. And I was not surprised that this is rain here, though not really showing high passion in joining the guys here to be happy about 'rain'.

But obviously I was mistaken, winter and the 'wet' season is coming. A few days ago we had rain....real one, which would scare a bit anyone and make people think, that they are lucky not to be outside. I was lucky enough, just got the beginning of it outside, so I could watch the 'drama' from the flat (I would not say warm flat, as there is not heating....or there is, but would cost me an annual salary to use it :P ). I also shot a few videos, which I piled up into one short clip, to make you see from my window, that I'm not joking :P



Also the temprature is changing pretty rapidly. Again based on the summer you could never think that it can turn cold...but it does, already during the nights the temprature sometimes lower than 10 degrees. I know at home they would say, that yeah, that is normal...but we had a summer when sometimes at night we had 28-29 Celsius! From that experience you would not expect it to happen.
And it is not complaining, there is not point in that....just wanted to give you a snapshot of the interesting weather conditions of Jordan :D

No comments: