Friday, July 25, 2008

Weekly happenings

I could not really figure out a better name to this post...a lot of things happened which would be nice to write about, although I consider this week to be a slow and calm one (maybe I can write about more things, because I had time to digest...:P)


It's been a week of ups and downs, mostly work related roller coasting, but still ending on a good final notice. It has been a busy week, though now not full with business meetings (which made it a bit more relaxed and revealed the feeling of running around crazy). This up and down also made me think of the right choice I have made and how much I do know myself. The good thing is that it reinforced me on many ways, but also reinforced those things which I want to change. This week with all it's good and bad made me realize that I'm on the right track, has made the right choice.


But life is not just about work. And I think nowadays I have a more healthy balance in this perspective than I have in the last 2-3 years. Which is good, because the thing is that I'm not less productive, but still have a life, have something more than just work (though mostly hanging out with AIESECers...but sometimes meeting up with other random people). I have a small list of this week's proof about life, which is worth sharing.


MC team hangout...actually the first one, actually first getting scared of it (I promised to cook Gulyás :P) and actually succeeding in cooking it and having one of the most relaxing afternoons since I'm here. (pictures uploaded!) What is interesting in the whole story is that you can never know how you represent your origins. Before leaving Hungary I would never think of being an ambassador of my country by cooking, but this is what actually happened (ok, I needed to assure myself on a few steps the day before with mum...thanks...but still it was my own "masterpiece"). And it was good to see that my team enjoyed it (or they were good enough in acting it :P). Then the watching movie and falling asleep sometimes with a great bunch of icecream in front of us...just simply not really doing much, being together, enjoying the time. And a few of us then went bowling, but that was already different, but still fun. So this is one of the happening I wanted to share.


The other occasion was a Reception Party organized by LC Amman. This was also an interesting event. Not because of reception, or stuff, but I could have really great conversation with people, getting to know to be considered as good dancer in AIESEC Jordan (it's good they notice something I have no clue about :P Trying to dance something you hae never done seems to make you a good dancer....good learning point for the day :)). I had an amazing discussion with one of the freshly selected team leaders about religion. It is something of a great feeling to see the spark in their eyes when they can discuss about the Quran (I'm not saying to defend....discuss, and that is the great thing). The spark of true belief...and again to kill one more stereotype: we all believe in something with the same passion, believe in a Christian God, believe in our own capabilities. This belief is nothing more, less, better or worse than anything a usual person belives in, whether it is a religion, a higher power or simply a few important values. And these are the discussion, which are actually bringing the culture closer, helping you to understand how people feel about their life, which many people judge without really knowing it. It is again a fragment of a bunch of thougths, but definitely somethin worth thinking about ;)


And the last thing happening this week was probably one of the most spontanous hangouts in my life...one SMS and in 10 minutes I was out to the city. I was in the mood of going out, better to say I was in the mood celebration (just a few hours ago we managed to raise a fully equiped office for LC Irbid....before that facing ground breaking challenges with the audit, so I was really in the mood of let's have fun). This is a kind of achivement for what in Hungary we would say, let's go and have a tremendous party...it is not that applicable here, so it was just a very random hangout. And the fact of not just simply accepting the randomness of it, but actually enjoying is again a sign of changes which I don't really feel, only notice sometimes...it's fun to play this game with myself...it's time to go to eat. happy reading for this long post!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haligali

You look really pretty in your baseball cap, and having one huge spoon is your hand!:D
It is really nice to read that your are trying to ballance your life, it is really not easy, so go on! !

Hugzz
Andee :D

Anonymous said...

Hey mate,

Good to see you're improving your cooking skills :P
But the best is to see you're really enjoying life there!
Keep on living it!

kisses
Ági

Unknown said...

Yeah, that cookbook I got from you definitely helps :) Coz I started with a pretty limited range of food (eggs :P), but slowly I can create a bit of variety, so it's getting to be fun :P

Szaki

Oksana said...

So happy to read all these good news :)))

mabrook, my friend!

Jaq - Jakab Zoltán said...

enjoy diversity! celebrate life! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, party is really important to chill out a little bit:) and if you want to cook more hungarian dishes check: http://www.etelreceptek.hu/
and you can make it with jordan materials:)
I miss you:)
Hugi

joo_andrea said...

Szaki,

I have just checked your pictures :) They are really nice...


Keep on cooking ands how them more food :)

Enjoy your life there :)