Tuesday, July 1, 2008

One month notice

Today I was thinking that actually a full month has passed since I have left Hungary, home. I can not say yet that I found a new home, I'm recently changing location anyway, in terms of flat where I will live (and I'm hoping that the new place will be as cool as the first one was...though it looks cool :))

By the Way, pictures are uploaded to the site, just check them out, there are quite many new especially from the last conference.

A lot of things happened in this one month, and I guess in the last week I had someone to give me a good contrast of what has changed and how I'm getting used to things. Our team became complete on the 22nd of July, so Sasha arrived from Russia. The very funny and strange thing was that as we lived for this one week in the same apartment I was helping her getting around. Things like getting a phone card, where is the shop (how bread looks like, hehe), how to deal with taxi drivers (basic level), how to cross and all those things which I have been previously writing about. And it is just simply a strange feeling that after 3 weeks I was able to show things! If someone would have told me this at the beginning for sure I would have laughed at him/her, I felt that much as a stranger! Though I'm still not confident with everything, especially as we are moving now, so again I will need to rediscover shops and stuff, settle in to the new place and all these things, but it is improving, I'm getting along in the city much better then I did at the beginning. Also to get to Irbid after the second time it became kind of normal...bus station then it is not hard to find the bus itself :) So it is just the funny situation that I'm getting used to things, though I still have a full year ahead. It is a good and strange feeling in the same time.

Also I had my first conference here in Jordan. After having so many in Hungary it was nice to see and lead something really different. I'm not meaning it was easy, here a different style is needed, things are working differently, but they were out and a conference is conference, gives a lot of spirit here too. Also it was my first event to manage where we involved externals, running legislation, and all these stuff. It was a good feeling to be there.

Another thing I have also noticed: if you dive fast, you feel the pressure earlier. As I feel it is true for a culture too. I'm not meaning that I have like something of a deep cultural shock, but I do recognize some of the symptoms (like many times I feel tension, though I have no clue why :P). It was coming faster than I expected, but the weirdest thing is not the timing, but in a way I do look forward to face the whole (I don't know I have gone nuts, or what is it behind), but I would not call my feeling to be fear or to be afraid of it, but in the same time of course I'm not happy with it...I think it is rather a bit of excitement, which can drive you down, or up...if you use the feeling in a smart way :)

All right, I can that is let's say ok as the summary of the month, I would have a lot to write about, but I don't want to bore anyone (and actually here it is already 1 am, and I'm not the best night alive guy).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Szaki!

It's good to see that you're getting along with things, processes and everything.
Congrats to the conference! Some gossips said it was extremely cool ;)
We attended together with Viki and Maso at the LC Take Over and we were missing you a lot!

I wish you a great MC term in Jordan!

Cheers,
Ági

Oksana said...

You just need a break, reflection time & some time alone to understand and starting discovering Jordan by yourself.

Hugs!