Friday, July 18, 2008

Trip to Dead Sea

Ok, so a snapshot of last week....Dead Sea and sunset :)

We decided that on the weekend ( I don't really remember whether it was Friday or Saturday :P) we go to the Dead Sea to watch the sunset. Well, it as again an amazing way to relax and just totally leave the world behind :)

Already the trip itself has been wonderful, with a truly amazing landscape. And it is said to be just the beginning so I will have to go to Wadi Rum to check out the real desert, how it feels like, how it looks like. But even from the car it all looked very nice. And it was also great to be with the team together...I think this was the first trip when we went really together, so it was a nice feeling to be with them...but this week we are planning a very separate hangout (where I will cook, hopefully not burn, Gulyás for them :P)

And then we also arrived...almost a bit late, but inshallah effect will always stay as I noticed :) Though we were still on time to have an amazing view for the sunset. And again, the feeling of getting rid of expectations and just having fun, rather relaxing made this evening extra special. When really the only thing you need to take care of is to have fun, enjoy your time and yourself, in an undesribable environment, smoking sisha, (trying) to dance some Arabic folk dance, sipping tea....and the sole chance that if you wanted to be silent and just wach out of your head, then you could do that.


Actually in the last week I need more and more time to run, to walk at least and just watch out of my head. I think it is the time to really adapt, to really be part of Jordan and really start to become Jordanian. Yet it was I think just the surface and now comes the real integration into life here. It's been indicated by small changes in behavior, working style, what and how I'm using words (like I'm calling Hungary Hungary...not home...it brings sometimes the feeling of being "homeless", Jordan is not yet, Hungary is not any more my home, so where exactly do I belong). The thing is that probably it is easier to dive into a reflection mood after a tough week. But the other what is important that I don't feel depressed because of this (yometimes frustrated, yeah). I'm just a bit more moody than I used to be and feeling each small change I'm going through, but can not really summarize or speak out.

It is a great experience, not necesseraly easy, but great. I can just encourage everyone to take on this thing...and I'm pretty much grateful to have my team arond me, even if they don't know how much they help each day, but they do help a lot :) So the last picture is for them here :)
Oh, and anyway I uploaded the pictures from the Dead Sea trip, you can check them out!

2 comments:

Jaq - Jakab Zoltán said...

reeeeeaaallllyyy nice :D
enjoy! learn!
and please turn the pictures before uploading, my neck hurts... :)

Unknown said...

well, yeah, probably I was in the usual rush to upload the pictures :P Next time I will take care (your neck is a very important part of you :))